Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Quatrains

My fascination and love for poetry is forever growing. Though i have committed a blasphemy by not yet having read all of Robert Frost's or Walt Whitman's poetry, i sincerely promise you and myself to do so.
Poetry only comes to me when my heart is overwhelmed with emotions that i can simply not fathom into anything but words. Then, the rhymes flow like small streams cutting through the soil, so elegantly and effortlessly to pool into a huge river. But such emotional outbreaks are hard to come back, and while i am dedicated to sucking the marrow out of my life, i see a lot of quatrains emerging in my head. They go as fast as they come, like shooting stars- If not recorded, they'll be forever lost. I mostly share them on twitter, but it's time i transported them here. Anyways, i'm done rambling, so i will share some quatrains that i have inked so far-




1.  You can't write a story,
     Can't force out a rhyme.
     Need a fair bit of emotions,
     And a little bit of time...

2.  So sleep with a smile on your face,
     Because life is an endless maze.
     You'll never solve it until you die,
     So go out and eat some apple pie...

3.  And as time drifted us apart,
     I lay on the glass shards.
     Broken promise and shattered dreams, 
     Thunderous nights and silent screams...


I know three quatrains aren't many, but i will keep posting more. Your feedback is always appreciated :)

No comments:

Post a Comment