Pages

Thursday 9 May 2013

Travel




I wrote this after my recent fascination with travel. Though i am yet to take on an journey on my own yet, i have been dazzled by that of those near me. France, Turkey, Italy, Spain, Bali, Thailand, Germany. These are all mainstream locations. If i travel someday, i will choose the most exotic locations the world has to offer. To name a few-

1. Flathead Lake, Montana
2. Seven Beaches with colored sand
3. Ten Buddha statues

My definition of travelling is not that mainstream again. Have you all heard of Paharganj? If not, You've GOT to read this article. I want to travel to such places. A euphemistic underbelly you can call it. I want to meet people who leave lasting impressions on you. That they their faces flash moments before you are dying. The ones that made this life worth living. The ones that helped you suck the marrow out of life. Let's not stand on ceremony here anymore, here is my poem, Travel


At some point,

I want to travel.
Visit the world’s cave,
And carefully unravel…
Travel to cities unknown,
Changing life and time zones,
Walk the shady unbranded lanes,
Run with horses, caress their manes…
Sink in the ocean blue,
Capture the sunset, the orange hue.
Sleep with women and their warmth,
Forget the world and it’s norms…
Cross a billion faces,
Walking in their own paces,
Throw a smile here and there,
Make a friend somewhere…
It’s so large and big,
Get some money, let’s watch a gig,
Take me places far,
take me places new,
I want to travel and see,
Where there have been few…
At some point, i want to travel,
The world and it’s secrets, i want to unravel..

No comments:

Post a Comment